Pages

Thursday 26 June 2014

Stampin' Up! Technique Tutorial

I can't believe we're already at Thursday, this week is going way too quickly for me, the boys have sports day tomorrow and I need to get their outfits sorted. Seriously, why on earth would you pick the first Friday of the Glastonbury Festival to have a school sports day. It's notorious for poor weather and sure enough the forecast for tomorrow in Nottingham is ....rain and thunder! I think I'll be packing rain macs for the Mini Beasts then!

On to the crafting. As you know I'm not one for tidying my desk very often so when something is left out I kind of want to carry on playing with it. So if the colours look spookily the same as yesterdays card - you got me!

Stampin_up

I saw an amazing card whilst surfing the other day - you can see it HERE. I thought it would be a great technique to try with Stampin' Up! products so I gave it a shot and here's how I did it:

Take the circle stencil out of the retired Build a Banner Kit from the Autumn / Winter Stampin' Up!  Seasonal catalogue. If you don't have it - don't panic, there may be some stencils in the New Stampin' Up! catalogue next month *winks*. Pop a layer of Crumb Cake card under the stencil and hold in place using a little Snail Adhesive. Rub the Whisper White ink pad over the stencil until you're happy there is enough ink on the card.

Stampin_Up

Remove the stencil carefully and wash and dry it. Either leave your card until dry or help it along with the heat tool.

Stampin_Up

Next reposition the stencil so it's slightly off set from the original and stick down again. Pick your colours, I've used Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana and Wisteria Wonder. I've used Finger Daubers to splodge the ink onto the stencil in colour bands. Ignore the Marker - that's out from another project I'm working on!

Stampin_up

Heat set the ink again and then layer on a card and decorate. I liked the card I CASED this from so much I also used her idea of stamping and heat embossing the sentiment onto vellum, something I've not done in a while. I've of course stamped a cupcake with the RETIRING THIS WEEK stamp set Create a Cupcake. Please don't miss out on the products that are retiring - you can see and order them all HERE.

Stampin_up

Hope you like- and do pop over to see the original technique, cards and video too!

Hugs
Victoria
xxx
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. What a great technique! I have all those supplies but never thought to do that! I think I'll be borrowing your idea… thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not my idea but I had to try it with our stash!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you... I saw the card to yesterday.... I forget that I have those stencil... they are coming back in annual catalogue.

    Sorry for my english.... I'll try it right now.... thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have fun with it - yep they are and other stencils too - more backgrounds to try out! x

      Delete
  3. I also saw that video. I made a stencil by embossing a piece of thick plastic with the Mosaic Madness embossing folder and cutting away the "inside of the mosaic shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh that's a great idea. So many of us inspired by one video, how exciting x

      Delete
  4. Great technique and fab design! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, thanks Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x